Designs, develops and modifies mobile software applications and components; supports and/or installs software applications and components; works from written specifications and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the role. Provides subject matter expertise and technical leadership; leads complex development tasks / projects to successful completion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop new complex mobile applications from top to bottom (user interface design, application design, implementation, unit and functional testing, deployment to customers). Implement new features in existing mobile applications.
- Act as a technical reference / subject matter expert in all areas of the mobile application development life-cycle.
- Contribute to the high-performance of the agile-development lifecycle by ensuring productive, consistent and successful sprints by working to reduce blocking issues for the team.
- Maintain existing mobile software systems by identifying and correcting software defects.
- Coach and develop team members to increase the team’s bench strength and flexibility.
- Participate in regular design and code reviews with development team members to confirm use of best practices.
- Translate business requirements into applications by implementing the best strategy to ensure design meets performance, usability, reliability, and scalability standards.
- Translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed development tasks.
- Estimate the duration of design, development, and testing tasks.
- Create new and extend existing operational documentation based on industry best practices and established international standards of software development.
- Prioritize and organize development tasks in order to contribute to meeting project and product development goals on-time and on-budget.
- Author detailed documentation for source code created.
- Understand and evaluate new technologies, develop skills in new technologies.
- Complete special projects and assignments as assigned.
- Solid hands on experience in the following languages / tools / environments:
- Android application architecture, design and development.
- Mobile development frameworks
- Mobile application development tools and environments (Eclipse)
- In-depth experience with application and user interface level using at least one mobile application development language
- Knowledge & experience in Web Services (XML, JSON, WCF)
- Asynchronous programming and networking protocols.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Expert understanding of Agile Software Development frameworks.
- Team-player that is positive, proactive and a motivated self-starter.
- Knowledge and experience with build and release management.
- Experience in quality assurance processes / tools.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent leadership, team building and relationship management skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum of 4 years mobile application development experience.