ITG is looking for a Project Manager, in Amman, Jordan. The candidate for this vacancy should be responsible for leading projects to success on time, within budget, and with quality completion starting from the definition phase. Ensure that the project's objectives are met by driving the day-to-day execution across multiple functional/organizational teams. Set the strategic direction of projects and develop project plans. Provide high-quality and cost-effective project management and apply risk & action management as necessary to mitigate issues/risks through effective and proactive planning and actions.
- Provides leadership to multi-disciplinary teams, as well as manages work of outside project consultants/contractors;
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the project team while adhering to the company’s overall project management methodology as defined by the PMO;
- Develops project plans which identify key issues, problems, approaches, performance metrics, and resources required;
- Design processes to address identified problems;
- Provides effective communication regarding status, issues, objectives, dependencies, risks, and plan execution to stakeholders;
- Manages and tracks schedules and issues, negotiates priorities against project plans to ensure key internal and external deliverables are met;
- Works with the department managers to establish team membership and negotiate time commitments and resource allocation;
- Motivates team members and plans/facilitates team meetings acts as a warden, problem solver, and facilitator;
- Actively participates in business development and relationship management activities including meeting with current/ potential clients, presenting/discussing solutions, responding to RFPs, gathering/sharing situational data, and identifying potential business opportunities;
- Accountable for the development of project documentation for senior executives and other key clients to facilitate the sharing of project outcomes and best practices;
- Establishes effective professional business relationships with all levels of management. Instructs and educates on all aspects of the project;
- Makes formal presentations to various senior-level audiences. Establishes procedures regarding the implementation of project outcomes.
- Coordinate and schedule deployments into non-production and production environments. Account for all business priorities when scheduling project releases;
- Actively participates or may lead in analyzing data and developing recommendations and action plans;
- Prioritize project tasks according to priorities communicated by senior management;
- Monitor task queues and issue logs; request resources and appropriately escalate to ensure on-time completion of tasks and resolution of issues/bugs.
- Develop, foster, and enforce team accountability to meet commitments.
- Complete special projects and assignments as needed.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on experience as an IT professional involved in high-profile, high-risk, application development, large-scale web application deployments, and support or other relevant experience.
- Project Management Institute Project Management Professional Certification (PMI-PMP) is a must.
Get an IT job in Amman, Jordan, and make your IT career in ITG. To get updates on our IT vacancies in Jordan, please subscribe to our LinkedIn.